Why become a member?
The Burlington Potters Guild is a vibrant group of artists that welcomes all levels of experience from complete beginner to professional. We have a fabulous pottery studio housed at the Art Gallery of Burlington, which is also home to 7 other guilds. Inspiration is never far away!
BPG is run by its members, with a volunteer Executive Committee that meets ten times per year, to help shape the direction of the Guild.
Membership entitles you to:
- Reduced fees for Guild workshops
- Borrowing privileges from the Guild’s library
- 5% off at Pottery Supply House
- The use of the pottery studio equipped with:
- 12 electric wheels
- large extruder
- spray booth
- slab roller
- pug mill
- large gas kiln, 4 electric kilns and, 1 dedicated Guild electric kiln
- raku kiln
The Potters’ studio is open to members all day and evening every Tuesday, plus anytime when no AGB classes are taking place.
• Annual Curated Exhibition in April
• Ten monthly general meetings (3rd Tue. of every
month), with guest ceramic artists who demonstrate
their skills, and share their inspiration and techniques
• Two Guild raku firings and potluck dinner (June and
• Two Sales opportunities per year: Spring Kaleidoscope Sale in April and Christmas Sale in November at the AGB
• Kiln training and workshops as well as group firings
• Opportunity to exhibit your work in our show cases on
a rotating basis
Membership is from January to December.
Annual Fees: Individual $40 Family $50
20 Hours of volunteer time are requested per year. A list of volunteer opportunities will be provided with your Welcome Package. 50 hours of volunteer time in one calendar year entitles you to a free parking pass for the following year.
Payment can be made in the following ways:
- E-transfer to: email@example.com, email membership application as well.
- Cheque made out to The Burlington Potters Guild and mailed/delivered, along with your filled in membership application to:
Burlington Potters Guild,
℅ Art Gallery of Burlington,
1333 Lakeshore Road, Burlington, ON L7S 1A9
- Or in person: drop by on a Tuesday evening and bring your cash/cheque and membership application along to give to an executive member.